Due to the experience acquired in the Alpha-DR Twins project, in 2020 I decided to improve it. Meet Alpha-DR Mark II!
- Driver: Mini-DDR (includes phase-lead, over current detection, undervoltage-lockout, tOn limiter, DTC limiter and thermal shutdown)
- Power Supply: 220VAC full wave rectified mains, closed-loop automatic pre-charge + line filter
- Bridge: BSM150GB60DLC IGBT’s Full-Bridge
- DC BUS: Laminated, 1oz copper PCB + solder reinforcement, 1x 400V | 2.7mF BUS capacitor + 2x 400V | 1.5uF decoupling capacitors
- Resonant capacitor: 6kVDC | 73.3nF MMC, 30x WIMA MKP10 2kVDC | 22nF film capacitors, 3s10p
- Primary coil: Flat, 9 turns of 6mm^2 wire, tap at 8.5 turns, 3/8″ aluminium tubing strike ring.
- Secondary coil: ~1400 turns, 100x341mm PVC form, 333mm winding, 31AWG. Polyurethane and epoxy coated.
- Top load: 355x105mm solid toroid, 576 flat surfaces, 3D printed frame covered with aluminium tape, PU coated
- OCD: Set at 340A
- CTs: 2x 1:30:15 = 1:300 cascade, same ratio for OCD and feedback
- Resonant frequency: ~142kHz
- On-time: Up to 150us
- Duty-Cycle: Up to 10%
- Thermal protection: 50ºC
- Enclosure: 18x18x14 (cm), 3D printed frame (PETG) + acrylic
- Height: 68cm
- Streamer lenght: Up to 1.20m, measured in a straight line.
To be continued…
This Post Has 2 Comments
Great work Fabricio!
I will add your small coil to the list of featured coils 🙂
Thank you, Mads!
I really appreciate it