Due to the experience acquired in the last 10 years, in 2019 I decided to design a new pair of small double resonant solid state tesla coils keeping in mind quality, robustness and portability.
- Main controller: DD3a (It has been improved, please, check “Mini-DDR” driver)
- Power Supply: 220VAC full wave rectified mains, closed-loop automatic pre-charge + line filter
- Bridge: BSM150GB60DLC IGBT’s Full-Bridge
- DC BUS: Laminated, 1x 400V | 2.7mF BUS capacitor + 2x 400V|4.7uF decoupling capacitors
- Resonant capacitor: 6kVDC | 73.3nF MMC, 30x WIMA MKP10 2kVDC|22nF film capacitors, 3s10p
- Primary coil: Flat, 9 turns of 6mm^2 wire, tap at 8.5 turns, acrilic cover, 3/8″ aluminium tubing strike ring.
- Secondary coil: ~1400 turns, 100x341mm PVC form, 333mm winding, 31AWG
- Top load: 350x110mm skeleton toroid, 7x 3/8″ aluminium tube rings
- OCD: Set at 330A
- CTs: 2x 1:32:16 = 1:512 cascade, same ratio for OCD and feedback
- Resonant frequency: ~142kHz
- On-time: Up to 120us
- Duty-Cycle: Up to 8%
- Enclosure: 21x21x14 (cm) 3D printed box, ABS
- Height: 68cm
- Streamer lenght: Up to 1.15m, measured in a straight line.
To be continued…